IgnitionOne’s new report covering trends across digital marketing reveals growth for Q2 2015. Despite gains made by Yahoo!/Bing in previous quarters, Google reclaimed paid search market share it only recently lost. However in programmatic display, Google lost ground to Facebook, decreasing -9% year over year in spend compared to Facebook’s 48% surge.
Key findings in the report include:
- Strong search spend growth continues – U.S. paid search spend grew 22% year-over-year in Q2, the third quarter in a row of strong growth. Competitive pressures and mobile search growth is driving this spend increase.
- Mobile search growth continues to normalize – U.S. spending growth for tablets is up 22% and phones spend is up 71% YoY. Smartphones have seen the greatest growth and represent the majority of mobile spend this quarter with 59% of spend compared to tablets.
- Yahoo!/Bing give back market share – After three quarters of growth, the Yahoo!/Bing network lost U.S. search market share in Q2, returning to 24.5% of share compared to Google’s 75.5% of U.S. paid search spend.
- Facebook takes display share from Google – Facebook outpaced Google in display growth with FBX growing 48% in spend, while Google dropped -9% YoY. Facebook’s share of display spend grew to 16% (up from 10% a year ago). Google’s share dropped to 31%, down from 38% last year.
- Programmatic display grows – U.S. display spend was up 33% when compared with same clients measured in Q2 2014, continuing the growth trend from past two quarters. The decrease in impressions that we have seen in past quarters due to Facebook changes, has tapered off resulting in a total drop of only 1%.
When it comes to implementing a DMP, internal discussions are key. Even the biggest arsenal of results-based marketing strategies isn’t effective without clear communication across departments about what needs to happen. The right hand should always know what the left hand is doing, and vice versa.
The Internal DMP Discussions Handbook is designed to take you through that process step by step. In the handbook, you’ll find an in-depth exploration of the implementation process, along with the questions that CEOs, CMOs and marketers will need to ask both each other and the IT team at each point along the way. Questions like:
- What business KPIs will we use to measure the success of the DMP?
- Have we created a clear workflow that establishes each party’s role in DMP implementation?
- How is the data being segmented?
Download the handbook today.
The IgnitionOne June webinar, “Harnessing the Power of Data You Own”, is happening this Wednesday at 11 a.m. ET. But there’s still time to register!
Odds are, most DMP users are sitting on a mound of usable information – knowing how to put that information to work in the right way is what creates greater success. Harnessing the power of data means better results, better insights and better business.
“Harnessing the Power of Data You Own” will feature Luis Caballero, Chief Data Scientist at IgnitionOne. Luis will explain how to get from the point A of raw data to the point B of real results, providing registrants with clear direction and insights on how to get quick wins, create better customer experiences and uncover key trends. Participants will also:
* Learn what data points to use for stronger ROI
* See case-study examples of recent DMP success
* Get fresh ideas for faster results
“Harnessing the Power of Data You Own” takes place Wednesday, June 17 at 11 a.m. ET.
Register here before it’s too late!
IgnitionOne is working hard to help you have a smarter summer. Take part in our exclusive webinar: “Harnessing the Power of the Data You Already Own” and then brush up on industry knowledge and ideas with the top summer reading recommendations from our team.
Get More Out of Your Data with the June Webinar
On Wednesday, June 17 IgnitionOne will be hosting a free live webinar: “Harnessing the Power of the Data You Already Own.” In the 45-minute session, we’ll take a deep dive into specific ways in which you could be benefitting more from your data. Odds are, you’re sitting on a mound of usable information – you just need to get it working harder for you.
This exclusive webinar will show you how to get the most out of every nugget of information. You’ll learn how to put your data to work, distilling it down to key customer insights and using those insights to better engage your audiences to deliver better results faster. You’ll learn about the shift from reporting analytics to predictive analytics, using data to deliver stronger customer experiences, how to read data to uncover trends and more.
Don’t miss out. Get the data you own working for you faster. Register now.
Kick Back with the Summer Reading List
Keep your smarter summer moving along by checking out the IgnitionOne Summer Reading List. This free download includes a compilation of industry books recommended by our team. From marketing technology to humorous nonfiction and beyond, browse through our favorites and take some time to relax and recharge professionally.
Download the reading list here.
IgnitionOne is excited to announce it has won the 2015 Hubbies Award for Most Innovative Integrated Marketing Suite for its Digital Marketing Suite (DMS). The Hubbies celebrate breakthrough digital campaigns and the platforms that enable them, and recognized IgnitionOne for its technology innovation, noting how the DMS helps set the standard for what marketing platforms can achieve.
Winning technologies honored by The Hubbies are bold, relevant, and demonstrably effective – measured by level of innovation, digital analytics, consumer engagement, and business impact.
“IgnitionOne was the first to introduce an integrated marketing suite in 2011, well before the ‘clouds’ rolled in,” said Will Margiloff, CEO of IgnitionOne. “We’re honored to be presented this award from The Hubbies and I congratulate our teams who have worked so hard on our technology and to help our clients succeed.”
When it comes to data management platforms, the faster they start working for you, the better. Using a DMP can provide unique strategic opportunities, along with the kind of high-value market insights that allow for a better ROI. But the truth is, very few marketers are truly leveraging the value a DMP can provide.
So, how can you start taking full advantage of your DMP right out of the gate? It comes down to understanding the actionable data you have, and utilizing it in a way that maximizes the value it has to offer. Once you learn how to effectively work with what you have, you’ll be able to explore new opportunities more deeply.
IgnitionOne has created a valuable, fresh new book that provides insight and inspiration to help you get more out of your DMP from the start. “The Quick Wins Handbook” delivers 12 fast, actionable ideas to maximize your ROI and minimize the time spent waiting for the right data.
The Quick Wins Handbook is ready to help you:
- Get the most out of your DMP
- Act on easy connections
- Target location
- Time communications
- Avoid potential road blocks
You can learn more and download the 18-page guide here.