University of London, Birkbeck College
Advertising Executive – Ink Global
Favourite thing about your job:
Fairly fresh from my studies this has been a real leap from academia to the working world. IgnitionOne is at the forefront of the digital industry so my role has carried me through hours of one-two-one tuition with various experts within the company bringing me up to speed with the products and where they fit in the bigger picture.
I spend a significate amount of time learning about search and display management plus the more niche areas such as onsite optimisation and attribution. It’s fascinating, no two days are the same and there are always interesting, challenging projects to work on.
Goals for 2013:
- Master search – Quite a techy head on my shoulders I think this might be an area for me to focus on in my career.
- Lead my own client meetings.
- Cooking – Have a habit for Come Dine With Me sessions. I tend to underrate my friends though – need to be fair!
- Big fan of music, went to Bestival this year, plan on about 5 others for 2013
- Gym (Although you wouldn’t be able to tell)
Favourite Holiday spot:
Jolly Harbour – Antigua. Definitely the best holiday I’ve been on.
2 Interesting facts about yourself:
- I’ve broken my right hand more times than I care to remember – Unfortunately I’m not ambidextrous
- I spent two years as a teaching assistant in a school for children who were quite possibly the most difficult in the county (Cambridgeshire) I’d do it again too
You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough.
Sales Exec by day
Batman by night
Ad Tech News and Insights