The 2nd IgnitionOne European Auto Summit took place earlier this month. With a day and a half of content, the cream of European auto marketers, a line-up of digital gurus discussing agile marketing, a private canal boat trip and dinner at one of Amsterdam’s most exclusive hot spots – it’s no wonder our attendees (and the IgnitionOne team) are demonstrating symptoms of the post-auto summit blues.
So, to make the experience last even longer we’ve put together some pointers to ensure the momentum continues and symptoms are remedied.
Remind yourself of the top sound bites that will help you become more agile.
1. Disrupt in your space by thinking and acting like a start-up. Create clusters of internal “start-ups” with teams of dedicated people who have the right blend of expertise; set a strict time frame for delivery; instill the belief that the unthinkable is achievable, and get a prototype out there.
— Markus Stauffenberg, Nolte&Lauth
2. Learn to fail. Try it cheap with low-risk testing and then scale it up when you’ve got evidence it works.
— Martin Gill, Forrester Research, Inc.
3. Fast data strategy is the best way to deliver personalised experiences. For every second delayed retailers could lose up to 7% of sales. Be quick off the mark by moving to a customer-centric data management platform – dor shrivel up and die.
–Nic Wenn, Quidco
4. Customers will make contact with you via their preferred channel, not yours. Source the right technology that shifts you from having to guess the next move of your customer, to being certain how best to interact with them.
— Yusef Akyüz, IgnitionOne
5. Think global but act local. Centralise marketing activity but remember to give local markets the automony to adapt. Leverage the economies of scale, find solutions that allow your team to be autonomous on a global, regional and local level.
— Francesco Frederico, Acer
Revisit the presentations
Clear some time in your diary to revisit the presentations that resonated most with you. View a selection of the presentations here.
Scroll through the picture gallery
Relive the spectacular summit venue, the views of the Amsterdam skyline and our boat trip through the dutch canals in the glorious sunshine here.
Email the IgnitionOne advice line
Should you require further inspiration, insight or advice on making your organisation more nimble get in touch with the IgnitionOne team or visit our resources page here.