IgnitionOne’s newest report highlights a 26% year-over-year spend growth for Q1 2015 with Yahoo!/Bing chipping away at Google’s market share.
The report is the latest in the longest continuous and comprehensive study on SEM and Digital trends.
Key findings in the report:
- Strongest search spend growth in three years – U.S. paid search spend grew 26% year over year (YoY) in Q1.
- Mobile search growth high but continues to normalize – U.S. spending growth for tablets is up 39% YoY while phones spend is up 81%.
- Yahoo!/Bing grow market share for third straight quarter – The Yahoo!/Bing network grew its U.S. search market share in Q1 to 26.9% of spend vs. Google’s 73.1% – the highest market share for Yahoo!/Bing since before the Search Alliance was founded.
- Programmatic display grows – U.S. display spend was up 34% in Q1 as compared to the previous year.
- Facebook more than triples eCPM – Bringing their FBX eCPM almost on par with display ads on Google, Facebook’s spend grew by 46% while reducing impressions by 90% YoY.
- Mobile display continues to explode – IgnitionOne data reveals total mobile display business growth in Q1 YoY, with impressions up 85% and spend up 143%.
“While many have claimed Google is in decline, that is clearly not happening based on this data. Digital marketing continues to grow and Google is growing with it,” said Will Margiloff, CEO of IgnitionOne. “However, Google is not the juggernaut it used to be. It faces stiff and unyielding competition on all fronts of their vast multifaceted business in ways it hasn’t experienced for many years. It remains to be seen whether or not they can regain their previous momentum.”
This quarterly report can be downloaded in full at http://www.ignitionone.com/digital-marketing-report-q1-2015/.